Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm in Japan!

Narita from the plane

Blurred pictures from the train


An ad with Jang Geun Suk XD


This is just a short update because I have to leave for an exchange students orientation in... 45 minutes!

I've arrived in Japan!!

I thought I hadn't packed that much, but lugging two massive suitcases, one medium sized suitcase and a backpack (all ridiculously heavy) certainly changed my mind!! (When I had to run to catch my connection in Washington I thought my arm was going to fall off. Vintage suitcases look nice, but they are VERY unpractical.) Fortunately the welcoming crew from Waseda was really helpful and helped me with my bags (sorry for making you lug around those heavy bags with me!). In order to get to Kodaira Station I had to take the express train to Shinjuku, then the subway to Takadanobaba, then the train to Kodaira station. When we got there I was met by my homestay father, Suzuki-san. Then he helped me with my bags and we dragged everything back to the house. There I met my homestay mother, and the dog, Haru. Unfortunately Haru seems to dislike me immensely and she barks whenever I enter the living room. :( I hope she'll come to like me soon! I'm running out of time, so I'll just post a few pictures and I'll update more when I get back from orientation! 

My room! :) 


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay cat pillow! and yayyy you're finally there!!

Post a Comment