Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shibuya/Imperial Palace/Yokohama


お久しぶりだね!

I'm sorry I disappeared for a bit. Things got a bit hectic after starting school! But don't fear, I have many more meals to report to you!

The Saturday before last we went with some friends to karaoke in Shibuya! Although we saw the famous Shibuya Downtown Crossing, I admit it was not as crowded as I had expected. I didn't take any photos of Shibuya this time when I went, so these are photos of when I went to Shibuya a while ago while shopping with friends. :D



Can you see the Shibuya 109?

Statue of the famous Hachiko

I was surprised to see H&M in Japan!
Karaoke in Japan was quite similar to karaoke in Montreal. We sat in a small room around a able facing a tv with two microphones. The main differences were that there was a free drinks bar (only non-alcoholic, of course!) and there was a telephone in the room. We didn't order any food, but apparently you're supposed to use the telephone to place your orders or to extend your time in the room. We mostly sang English songs because we didn't know many Asian songs well enough to sing. One of the few Asian songs we did attempt to sing was our school song (yes, our school song is famous enough to be featured at karaoke places). Ironically though, the only one in our group that knew the whole song was from Keio University, Waseda's rival! When we had 10 minutes left

After karaoke we went to a meat restaurant. Although it was a bit pricey, the kal-bi there was delicious!!
Kal-bi... yum!

Mmm beef tongue!

Then on Sunday we went to the Imperial Palace in Tokyo. Although I say the Imperial Palace, we really could only go into the park nearby.











What is this ugly building? I don't know.







Swans! (白鳥/hakuchou)


Then we met up with a friend who owns a car and we drove out to Yokohama. 


Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse
The Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse is a shopping mall of sorts. We went in and looked round for awhile, but it was fairly expensive! :O It must be because it's a tourist spot.



There were some huge huskies! So cute! :3





Yokohama is famous for the nearby Chinatown
(Why do all Chinatowns have this gate?!)


Sun Wukong a.k.a. The Monkey King
There were a lot of Panda goods for sale! :D

Apparently Yokohama is also a famous dating spot. :P

And with this view, one can see why!

I'm sorry this post is not as wordy as usual. I hope the excessive amount of photos will make it up to you! Also, tonight I'm going to the matsuri at Kawagoe, so I will have more to write about! :D


1 comments:

cbl318 said...

love the pics. keep posting often! <3

Post a Comment